As the 2018 primary draws closer, I thought it appropriate to point out some key highlights from my past 2 years of elected service to our district. As I’ve mentioned before, I am a person of the people. I have worked my entire adult life in the open market place, owning and operating a farm, and being a small business owner. I understand the challenges of operating your own business, working to provide jobs, and contributing to the community. Since being elected to represent you in Boise in 2016, I have
- Introduced Stand Your Ground legislation
- Voted against HB 67, trying to END the grocery tax
- Cosponsored a bill EXPANDING constitutional carry
- Voted FOR Firearms safety training in schools
- Accumulated a voting record that has received endorsements from:
- Food Producers of Idaho (Idaho Ag Allstar)
- Idaho Chooses Life
- Gun Owners of America
- Congressional Candidate Russ Fulcher, and Idaho Farm Bureau, Dick Heller of the landmark DC v Heller decision
In addition, I received a 93% Freedom Index Score from the Idaho Freedom Foundation and 100% Pro-Gun rating from the Idaho 2nd Amendment Alliance.
My actions have shown consistent with the commitment I made in 2016 – to let your voice be heard and to stand for conservative values in our legislature. I hope you will allow me that honor again.